Hosting rotates weekly among 13 host congregations. Each host congregation provides lodging, three meals daily, and hospitality.
- Day Center
Guests use a local day center from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. There, guests pursue employment, tend pre-school children, shower, do laundry, and receive case management from staff. The day center provides guests with a mailing address and a base for housing and employment searches. Many guests are employed during the day, and older children attend school.
- Volunteers are the heart of the program. They can share their time and talents in many ways, usually just for a few hours every three months.
- Cooking and serving meals
- Playing with children and helping them with homework
- Staying overnight with guest families
- Providing specialized services, like resume writing or financial counseling
- Just being there for children and their families, showing them compassion and respect, & sharing a sense of community
- Social Service
The City Family Shelter refers families to Family Promise. Other partner agencies help guests with education, housing, jobs, counseling & benefits.
A Family Promise affiliate van transports guests to and from the Day Center.